بارك الله في جهودكم

مبروك عليكم شهر رمضان الاغر

دعائكم لنا ولكم بالتوفيق

مهندس خالد

عضو جديد

نتائج الرصد من moonsighting

October 3, 2005 (Monday):

Modoris Ali from West Midlands, near Birmigham, UK: Not Seen

On 3rd October 2005, the moon was not sighted on 29th day of Shaban in the UK, due to cloudy.Therefore, complete 30 days of Shaban. Saudi Arabia already began Ramadan on 4th October, which caused a division in the UK on starting date of Ramadan.The agreement of starting date of Ramadan for 5 October 2005 was broken in the UK,which was aggreed by all scholars for deciding Ramadan starting date.Only 60% of UK doing Ramadan on 5 October 2005.

Nasseam Elkarra from San Francisco: Not Seen

Monday, October 3. I went with 2 other brothers to the beach in San Francisco on what was an amazingly clear sunset. We were unable to see the moon with our eyes or binoculars.

October 4, 2005 (Tuesday):

Dr. Shabbir Ahmed, Imam of Rooty Hill Mosque, Sydney, Australia: Seen

The Hilaal of Ramadaan ul Mubaarak 1426 has been sighted on Tuesday 4th of October 2005 in Perth, therefore moon-sighting committee of Australia and Majlis ul Ulamaa of Australia have declared that the month of Ramadaan ul Mubaarak will start from Wednesday 5th of October 2005.

Muhammad Fadlan from Bangi, Malaysia: Not Seen

I, Fadlan with my friend Aidil went to see the HIlal of Ramadhan at UKM, Bangi, Selangor on Tuesday, October 4th, 2005. The sky is so cloudy and we couldn't see anything with our naked eyes. Our friends from Johor also went to see the Ramadhan Hilal at Kelebang, Melaka but couldn't see it although the sky is clear. But based on the Hilal of Sya'ban that we saw on Monday, September 5th at about 1940hrs, so today should be Sya'ban 30th. Although the Malaysian goverment annouced that today (Wednesday, October 5th) is the 1st of Ramadhan but we should stick to the ru'yah not the calendar (whereby on October 4th is the Sya'ban 30th). We will start fasting Insya-Allah on Thursday, October 6th 2005.

Omar Bin Abdullah reported quote from Jang Newspaper of Pakistan: Not Seen

PESHAWAR: The Ramadan moon was not sighted today; however, the first Ramadan will fall on, October 6th (Thursday).

Hussain Khushaish (Moonsighting.com member) from Kuwait: Not Seen

In Kuwait on Tuesday 4 oct 2005 I & a groip of 25 persons could not sight the crescent even with 20*50 binocular. This time the weather was clear that we could see the the upper limb of the sun disk. The amazing thing is that I could see jupiter with the binocular till it was 2 degrees above horizon yet I could not see the crescent.

Shabbir A. Karim (Moonsighting.com member) from Quatre Bornes, Mauritius: Seen

The moon was sighted here on Tuesday night, 4th October, hence 1st Ramadhan fast was observed on Wednesday 5th October in line with your calculations.

Hamza Rijal from Island of Zanzibar, Africa: Seen

In a tiny island of Zanzibar the Hilal was sited around 18:40 East African Time (15:40 GMT) on Oct 4. I really had a good time since a good number of Muslim gathered for sighting, always I use to site the new crescent with my 3 children but yesterday in my common spot to view the crescent we were over 50 people.

Majority of Zanzibarian begin Ramadhan today 5 th October however for those who called themselves ANSARI SUNNAH begun fasting officially on 4 th October, 2005.

Bankih Kacem, (Moonsighting.com member) from Beni Isguen, Ghardaïa, Algeria: Not Seen

The Ramadan crescent was not seen from Merkich station, the western horizon was hazy. 23 persents have tried to observe the crescent with 5 Binoculars and one refractor telescope. We have seen Venus before sunset (18:08) and haven't seen Mercury, Jupiter, and moon.

Samy Khadem-Al-Charieh (Moonsighting.com member) from Berlin, Germany: Not Seen

No sighting for October, 4th from Berlin.

Muhammad Afifi al-Akiti (Moonsighting.com Member) from Oxford, UK: Not Seen

Negative sighting. At the end of the 29th day of of the preceeding lunar month (Tuesday, 4th October), not at the usual moonsighting site but instead the first time at Primrose Hill, London, a group of us could not sight the new crescent. The horizon was partly cloudy. The difference in setting times of the sun and moon over the local horizon [qaws al-makth] is 13 minutes. We attempted the sighting and prayed Maghrib after the moonset. By the time of Isha, we received reports that there have been positive sightings from the East (Indonesia and Malaysia) and Morocco. This news is sufficient to establish [thubut] the Ramadan month for us in the UK so that tomorrow (the 5th of October), should be the 1st of Ramadan; instead of the 30th of Sha'ban, by default, following the principal rule in Fiqh for this case: whenever the crescent is sighted during the night in question in the East, its sighting in the West follows, but not the other way round. Ramadan Karim!

Rashid Motala (Moonsighting.com member) from Signal Hills, S. Africa: Seen

The Hilaal for Ramadaan was sighted this evening Oct 4, at more than one location in SA. Ramadaan has commenced.

Dr Abdurrazak Ebrahim (Moonsighting.com member) from Signal Hill (Cape Town): Seen

The Ramadaan Hilaal was sighted in Cape Town this Tuesday evening, 04 October 2005, approximately 17 minutes after sunset. Jupiter was clearly visible to the right of the crescent and Mercury appeared below the crescent just before disappearing into thick cloud cover. The official First Day of Ramadaan in Southern African states will correspond to Wednesday, 05 October 2005.

Muhammad Hafiz (Moonsighting.com member) from OpaLocka, Florida reporetd: Not Seen

I tried to observe the Hilaal on Tuesday, 4th October, 2005 after sunset from Opa Locka and Pembroke Pines, Florida, USA. No Hilaal was observed due to rain clouds and thunder storm.

Sultan Hafiz Imam of Rose Hall Town Masjid from Guyana: Seen

Members of Rose Hall Town Masjid and Islamic Center tried to observe the Hilaal on Tuesday, 4th October, 2005 after sunset, however, due to clouds on the horizon Hilaal observation was impossible. Howver, Sultan Hafiz, Imam of Rose Hall Town Masjis and Islamic Center reported the Hilaal was seen in Demerara, Guyana after sunset on Tuesday, 4th October, 2005.

HiMY SYeD (Moonsighting.com member) from Toronto, Canada: Not Seen

Yesterday evening (Monday Oct 3rd), after performing Maghrib Salat at the Islamic Foundation Masjid in the Scarborough region of Toronto, myself and muslim lawyer Faisal Kutty looked for the moon from the Masjid Parking lot. I looked for it from the second level of the parking lot, Faisal from ground level. We knew it would be impossible to sight it beforehand, nevertheless we looked for it, and did NOT see any moon crescent on the horizon.

Tonight (Tuesday Oct 4th), in the past hour, I searched for the moon crescent to no avail. Toronto had been blanketed with thick fog this morning compounded by the declaration of a smog alert day, hence the pollution/haze has lingered well into the evening making any sighting of anything resembling the hilal in the Toronto sky very questionable. A number of times I thought I spotted the crescent and upon second and third prolonged looks, realized it was something else in the sky. I can confirm then that I and Faisal Kutty were not able to see the Hilal either yesterday or tonight from here in Toronto, Ontario Canada. Regardless, the majority of masjids in Toronto have gone with the majority opinion to begin Ramadan Fast tomorrow, that is Wednesday Oct 4.

Javad Torabinejad (Moonsighting.com member) from Blacksburg, VA: Seen

This evening (Tuesday, October 4th), my children and I sighted the moon in Blacksburg, VA. The official sunset was at 7:00 p.m. Using a pair of 7X50 binoculars, I sighted the moon at 7:07. I located it with the naked eye at 7:16. It was extremely thin, with its horns at 1:30-5:30 o'clock. I do not think that I could have sighted the moon with the naked eye without locating it with the binoculars first! My children could only see the moon through the binoculars. We followed the moon till it disappeared in the clouds very close to the horizon at 7:29.[Moonset time was 7:35]

Dr. John Caldwell from Fort Davis, TX: Seen

On October 4, I saw the crescent from Fort Davis (TX) by naked eye.

Clay Chip Smith from Austin, TX reporetd: Not Seen

On Monday, October 3rd, sighing tried, but it was too cloudy all over Austin. On Tuesday, October 4th, sighting tried, but it was too cloudy where we were in Austin (other places in Austin, like South, may have been okay). May Allah guide us to do good deeds. Best Wishes.

Paul Burnham (Moonsighting.com member) from Chino Valley, Arizona: Seen

The crescent moon was observed from Chino Valley, Arizona on this evening of October 4. Initial sighting was with binoculars at 1815 MST followed by visual sighting at 1828 MST. The moon was then followed visually and with binoculars until the final cusp disappeared behind the horizon at 1843. [Note from Moonsighting.com: The calculated moonset was 1849]. The arc appeared to extend from approximately from 1 to 6 o'clock positions.

Gary Peterson (Moonsighting.com member) from Mesa Arizona: Seen

I was able to see the moon tonight at 6:28 MST when it was 39 hours past new. I had to use binoculars but when I lined it up against the trees I was able to see it with the nake eye with difficulity. The moon only set 40 minutes after the sun and since it passed in front of the sun for an annular sun eclipse it had not moved as far as other times from the sun at that same age. Also this sun eclipse happened at the decending node so the moon has also moved south of the ecliptic by now making it even harder to see. I also decided to record CNN while I was sleeping to see if there were pictues of the sun eclipse and there were. On October 3, 1959, I was able to see the young moon easilly with the naked eye from Seattle at that same age but this time following a total sun eclipse which was on the ascending node. That made it north of the eclipstic and since that eclipse was total it also moved faster from the sun.

Rashid Patch from Pinole, California: Seen

On Tuesday, Oct 4, the Halal New Moon Crescent of Ramadan 1426 was in Oakland hills, CA shortly after maghrib prayer was performed. Viewing conditions were good, with clear skies, only some coastal haze, with heavy ocean fog visible well outside the Golden Gate. The Halal New Moon Crescent was very thin and faint, but visible to all of 40 or so people assembled. It was low on the horizon, setting over San Francisco to the west of the viewing site, well south of the sun, which had set over the Marin Headlands, north of the Golden Gate. Present in the group were Imam Bilal Hyde and family, of Albany, CA; Hisham Alalusi and family, of Moraga CA; Prof. Hatem Bazian and family, of Berkeley, CA; Saif Alalusi and family, of Moraga, CA; Mikael Kim and family, of Vallejo, CA; Imam Rashid Patch and family, of Pinole CA; and quite a number of other Muslims from various parts of the San Francisco Area.

Sharaaz Khan (Moonsighting.com member) from Wilton(Sacramento) CA: Seen

The cresent of Ramadan has been sighted in Wilton (Sacramento), CA. The upper tip of the cresent was at 2 o'clock and the bottom tip was at approx 7 o'clock. The tips were pointing towards the left and the cresent appeared towards the left of the sunset. It was very fine and quite close above the horizon (about 25 degrees). It was sighted by Fatima Sharaaz Qadri first, Sharaaz Khan Qadri, and Sahar Sharaaz (minor).

Gulamabbas A. Khakoo (Moonsighting.com member) from Buena Park, CA: Seen

Sighted the crescent for the month of Ramadhan here in Long Beach (CA) local time 6:55pm on Tuesday, October 4, 2005. The top horn of the crescent was just after 12:00 o'clock and bottom horn was just after 7:00 O'clock. The sighting was on the left side of the sunset.

Dr. Youssef Ismail (Moonsighting.com member) from San Francisco, CA: Seen

The new crescent for Ramadan 1426 was sighted this evening. We were at sea level at Pescadero State Beach. It was a very thin crescent just like of the two previous months, even though it nearly 40 hours old. It appeared at approximately 7:00pm PDT at about 3 fingers above the horizon and at about 248 degrees Azimuth. The upper limb was at about 2 O'clock and the lower limb at about 6 O'clock. I saw it first with low power binoculars and then by naked eye. My wife also saw it by eye and one other brother both by eye and with binoculars. One other Brother was with us but he was unable to see it.

Saif Hussain from Woodland Hills, CA: Seen

I and my 10 yr. old son sighted the new crescent on Tuesday Oct. 3, 2005 at about 6:45 PM looking approximately southwest from a hill in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles (city: Woodland Hills). It was quite low on the horizon and very faint with its curve centered around 4 o'clock +/-. It did not get too much brighter as the Sun set further and darkness fell. It was almost setting when we left the location (7:10 or so). Despite my best efforts I could not capture it with my digital camera, it was just too faint.

Mary Singer (Moonsighting.com member) from Spokane, WA: Seen

The new lunar crecsent was NOT seen on October 4th, 2005. Very cloudy.

October 5, 2005 (Wednesday):

G. A. Vakil from Dubai, UAE: Seen

Today Oct 5, 2005, Wednesday I saw the crecent It was not easy to see as it was at a very low level and was very thin. The time of sight was between 6:10 and 6:15 pm Dubai time.

Badagri, (Moonsighting.com member) from Lagos, Nigeria: Seen

I SIGHTED THE MOON AT ABOUT 19:08HRS OF 5TH WITH THE HORNS POINTING FRON 1-7 O'CLOCK. THE FIRST OF RAMADHAN IS ON THE 6TH OF OCTOBER, 2005.

Raymond Edwards from Silver Spring. North of Washington D. C.: Seen

I saw the new moon at 7:02 Eastern time on Oct. 5th 2005. I am a Christian (Baptist) but I understand you like to have reports on when the moon is first seen. Trying to care for the neighbor. It was seen in east Silver Spring. North of Washington D. C.

نتائج الرصد من icop

Monday 03 October 2005:

Indonesia: ICOP member, Mr. Muhammad Thoha said: "Instrument: Naked Eye, Binoculars 10x50 and Theodolit. It was clear and little cloudy at sunset location, but we did not see the Hilal."

Malaysia:

ICOP member, Mr. Kassim Bahali said: "Seeing the hilal was tried by binocular, telescope and theodolite but it was not seen from the Al-Khawarizmi Observatory in Melaka. We used Takahasi 5" and RCOS 16" telescope. The western sky was cloudy. The government of Malaysia announced the first of Ramadhan begins on Wenesday, 5 October 2005. May Allah keeps us alive for this holy month and accept our fasting and prayers Ameen"

ICOP member, Mr. Abdul Majid Abdul Wahid mentioned it was cloudy.

Brunei Darussalam: ICOP member Mr. Mahadi Tahir said: "Survey Department together with Judges from Syariah Court and others went to sighting site as formality only and it was confirmed that the crescent was not seen on evening of 3rd October 2005."

Saudi Arabia: ICOP member Mr. Saleh Al-Saab said: "The crescent was only 1/4 degree above the horizon at sunset and remain for 3 minutes only after the sun, so it was normal not to see the crescent by any of the 60 persons joined the committee or any person in the 6 other committees. For me what is NOT normal is sighting the crescent under these conditions!"

Syria: ICOP member Mr. Ayman Saddik mentioned that he couldn't see the crescent by naked eye.

Algeria: ICOP member Mr. Bankih Kacem said: "Seven (07) persents have tried to observe the Ramadan 1426 crescent with naked eyes and 8X30 binocular, but it was not seen from Merkich station in Beni Isguen."

Nigeria:

ICOP member Mr. Lukuman Aminu said: " The crescent was not seen on Sunday in Lagos Nigeria, but as usual, some group from Abuja, Kano and Shaki in Oyo State Nigeria Claim that the crescent was seen and hence they have commence their fasting. In Nigeria fasting commence on Sunday (02/10/2005) by some group while others after claiming of sighting start theirs on Monday (03/10/2005)". In another email he added: "It was partly cloud on Monday(03/10/2005), so the crescent was not seen. Tuesday is Shaban 29 according to the actual sighting of the cresecnt. The Zumratul Jamiu Society of Nigeria and other few groups are instisting on sighting the crescent or counting month of Shabban up to 30 days, before they would commence their fasting. Most Nigerian began fasting today Tuesday (04/10/2005), some started on Monday while very few people commence fasting on Sunday. According to official statement, the first day of this month begins on Monday, 03 Octomber 2005"

ICOP member Mr. Muhammed Ya'sin Qamardeen said: "Here in Gwagwalada, two brothers include me, try to sight the crescent of Ramadan, but perharp due to cloudy sky it is not visible. Also in phone chat with Malam Uthman dukku from Bauchi and Malam Shuaib Eleran from Ilorin city indicate negative sighting at the time of reporting. Meanwhile There is rumour from Ilorin City Yesterday (october sunday 2, 2005)that some brothers three in number claimed to sighted the crescent at evening of sunday, so some Muslim had commenced fast today Monday. On the other hand SCIA, Nigeria had declare shaban 29th to be Monday so we are waiting for the report."

ICOP member Mr. Usman Duhhu said: "21 of us attempted sighting the crescent but we did not see it. The western horizon was cloudy. However, as usual, the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs declared Tuesday 4 October the official beginning of Ramadan following claims of sighting of the crescent in some states of the country."

ICOP member Mr. Bashir Sani said: "Cloudy skies probably prevented the crescent from being seen. Tuesday Oct 3 was first day of Ramadan in Nigeria."

Norway: ICOP member Mr. Imran Mushtaq said: "The Islamic Council of Norway and organisation representing almost 70% of Muslims in Oslo have decided to start Ramadan in Norway on wednesdag 05.10.2005. A few exceptions are starting on Tuesday. A happy blessed ramadan to all of you."

USA:

ICOP member Dr. Muhammad Hafiz said: "I tried to observe the Hilaal on Monday, 3rd October, 2005 after sunset from Pembroke Pines, Florida, USA. No Hilaal was observed despite clear skies. We wonder who in Saudi saw the Hilaal when the 6 Official Saudi Hilaal Sighting Committees could not see anything on the day that the Solar eclipse occured in Saudi, making it impossible to see the Hilaal. Eight hours after, we in North America could not see the Hilaal which should be easier to see, showing once again the Saudi error. Majlis Al Qadah Alala of Saudi Arabia has once again divided Muslims in North America."

ICOP member Mr. Jim Stamm said: "The plans to attempt the viewing of the < 7° elongation Moon have been dropped, because of the clouds, haze, and water vapor, any one of which would have made it impossible. "

ICOP member, Mr. Gulamabbas Khakoo said: "Unable to sight crescent this evening of Monday, Oct 3rd, 2005. I was in Long beach (CA) area sky was clear sunset was at 6:33pm local time (pacific). Tried for 45 mins after sunset but unsuccessful."

ICOP member, Mr. Belal Gharaibeh mentioned that he could not see the crescent by naked eye, he added: "It is great that ISNA has followed the right way to set the first of this holly month, unfortunately in some cities, like my city Lexington Kentucky, the Masjid Imam follows what the majority of the "Arab Islamic" countries doing hence today Tuesday is the first day of Ramadan. I'm sure it happened in other cities around the states but I hope the majority will follow ISNA's correct approach."

ICOP member, Dr. Salman Shaikh mentioned that he couldn't see the crescent by naked eye, where the sky was partly cloudy and hazy, he added: "North America correctly decided start of Ramadan as Wednesday, Alhamdulillaah."

ICOP member, Dr. Raza Khan said: "Unfortunately, it has been raining all day and night and there was simply no way to sight the crescent with so much thick clouds in the evening."

Tuesday 04 October 2005:

Australia: ICOP member Mr. Afroz Ali said: "The moon was sighted in Australia on 4th October, and the 1st of Ramadhan commenced today, 5th October."

Malaysia: ICOP member, Mr. Kassim Bahali said: "Today is my second day that I have tried to see the hilal. I have used the RCOS 16" telescope from Khawarizmi observatory. Ustaz Hanafiah from Johor state Mufti department also have joined to see the hilal but the hilal was not seen because the western sky was totatly cloudy."

India: ICOP member Dr. Sultan Ismail said: "As the Moon was not sighted anywhere near Chennai on 4th night, fasting in Chennai India is from 6th October."

Iran:

ICOP member Mr. Mousa Zamani mentioned that he sighted the crescent by binoculars, where as he didn't see it by naked eye. Knowing that the sky was hazy. He was observing from Shiraz.

ICOP member Mr. Majid Marzani said: "Ramadan Mubarak for all, The Moon was sighted at hight 3969 meter "Tochal Mountain" in north of Tehran city, by five (05) persents of Iranian observer at (Tuesday, 4/10/2005) whit telescope (10",8") and binoculars (25*100,20*120)."

ICOP member Mr. Alireza Mehrani sent us a detailed report about crescent observation results from Iran on Tuesday 04 October from different parts of Iran, kindly Click Here to see the detailed report.

Below is a photo of the crescent taken by Mr. Karimi

user posted image

Iraq: ICOP member Mr. Bacil Moudhaffar said: "Ramadan Mubarak for all, although the fasting day is wrong. I fell sorry to all your efforts to correct the date. Crescent was not seen this evening (Tuesday, 4/10/2005) from Baghdad-Iraq not even with binocular. That's strange, Muslims here in Iraq did not see the crescent, the authorities just followed Saudi Arabia. The sky was clear but the horizon was a little bit haze though the Sun set few minutes before actual time."

UAE: ICOP member Mohammad Odeh said: "Left Abu-Dhbai at 15:00 headed to Hafit Mountain (1000 m) in Al-Ain city, even thong it does not need more than 90 minutes to reach the summit, I arrived late at 17:30 due to several 'surprises'! I did my best to do the alignment for the 10" LX200 Meade telescope as soon as possible! The Sun would disappear around 18:00! What made the situation worse was the partly cloudy sky! Where whenever I pointed the telescope to an object I found it cloudy!! Anyhow, after struggling, I was able to do the two-star alignment, but unfortunately it was too late! I pointed the telescope towards the Moon 11 minutes before its set time! Since the western horizon was not that clear, having the thin crescent at such low altitude won't make this sighting a successful one! I was able to see Venus and Jupiter, but neither Mercury NOR the crescent!"

Kuwait: ICOP member Mr. Hussain Khushaish said: "In Kuwait on Tuesday 4 oct 2005 I and a group of 25 persons could not see the crescent even with 20*60 binocular. The western horizon was very clear to the last 2 degrees. I could see the upper limb of the Sun disk. I could see Jupiter with binocular very clear but could not see the crescnt!!!!!!!!"

Saudi Arabia: ICOP member Mr. Anwar Al-Muhammad said: "I with about 70 parsons tried to sight the new crescent of Ramadan-1426, 40 minutes before the time of sun set at Tusday, 4th Oct 2005, in the eastern area of Saudi Arabia “Al-Aujam- 26:34N, 49:47E” at the observatory of Qatif Astronomy Society (QAS). We used a computerized 10” LX-200 GPS telescope, which is fixed and well aligned. We tested its alignment by pointing it toward Venus and Jupiter first then to the Moon. The western horizon was clear, such that sun disappeared almost at a time of sunset. We could not see it nither by naked nor by telescope. We also broadcast the observation live online in the website of QAS as we did yesterday (Monday 3 Oct) with the same result. More detail is available at: ( http://qasweb.org/newcrescents.htm ) or qas-forum: ( http://qasweb.org/qasforum/index.php?showt...st=0entry4395 )"

Lebanon: ICOP member Dr. Ahmad Raad mentioned that he couldn't see the crescent niether by naked eye nor by binoculars, where the sky was partly cloudy and hazy.

Sudan: ICOP member Mr. Hani Dalee said: "I was with Dr. Muawiah Shaddad but both couldnt see the crescent." He added that he tried to see the crescent by binoculars, and the sky was hazy.

Algeria: ICOP member Mr. Bankih Kacem said: "The Ramadan crescent was not seen from Merkich station, the western horizon was hazy. 23 persents have tried to observe the crescent with 5 Binoculars and one refractor telescope. We have seen Venus before sunset (18:08) and haven't seen Mercury and Jupiter."

Morocco:

ICOP member Mr. Othman Fadli mentioned it was cloudy.

ICOP member Prof. Abdelkhalek Cheddadi said: "The Ministery of Awqaf declared in a statement that the new crescent has been observed on the evening of Tuesday 29 of Shaaban 4 October, so the first day of Ramadan in Morocco is officially Wednesday 5 October 2005. "

Senegal: ICOP member Dr. Abdoulaye Gaye said: "The Senegalese National Committee for the Hilal has decided the Official Beginning of Ramadan today Wednesday 5 October after sighting of the Hilaal in many locations of the country."

Zanzibar: ICOP member Mr. Hamza Rijal said: "In a tiny island of Zanzibar the Hilal was sighted around 18:40 East African Time (15:40 GMT). I really had a good time since a good number of Muslim gathered for sighting, always I use to sight the new crescent with my 3 children but yesterday in my common spot to view the crescent we were over 50 people. Majority of Zanzibarian begin Ramadhan today 5 th October however for those who called themselves ANSARI SUNNAH begun fasting officially on 4 th October, 2005."

Nigeria:

ICOP member Mr. Usman Duhhu said: "Eight of us, out of the 15 in the group, saw the crescent about 20 minutes after sunset."

ICOP member Mr. Oba Bolaji said: "The western horizone were the sun set was partialy cloudly, thus making it difficult to observe the new crescent."

ICOP member Mr. Lukuman Aminu said: " Several members of the Zumratul Jamiu Muminu Society of Nigeria (ZJMSN) sigthed the crescent today (Tuesday:04/10/2005) at their Headquarters (Mowe Town) in Ogun State, Nigeria. The crescent was visible to the naked eye. In-Sha-Allah the ZJMSN and some group shall commence their Ramadan fasting tomorrow (Wednesday:05/10/2005). In Lagos State, due to the tick cloud, I and several people was not able to sight the crescent. Ramadan Kareem to all ICOP members."

South Africa:

ICOP member Mr. Hashim Salie: "Many muslims saw the hilaal for Ramadaan 1426 from the traditional vantage points. The hilaal was sighted above the first visible star (planet). An absolutely beautiful sight. Ramadaan Kareem. May Allah accept our worship, Aameen"

ICOP member Dr. Abdurrazak Ebrahim said: "The Ramadaan Hilaal was sighted in Cape Town this Tuesday evening, 04 October 2005, approximately 17 minutes after sunset. Jupiter was clearly visible to the right of the crescent and Mercury appeared below the crescent just before disappearing into thick cloud cover. The official First Day of Ramadaan in Southern African states will correspond to Wednesday, 05 October 2005. Wishing all well over the fast and may the Almighty Allah Bless and Guide you and your families." Dr. Ebrahim added in another email:

A very faint image at first sighting of the Ramadaan 1426 AH Hilaal.

Altitude: 09°:41':51"

Elongation: 14°:50':10"

Width: 00°:00':31"

Illumination: 01.68 %

Cusps: 4 o’clock to 8 o’clock

Distance: 391871.67 km

Lunar-age: 30 hr 43 min

Observation point: 0 above sea level.

user posted image

Germany: ICOP member Mr. Gerhard Ahmad Kaufmann mentioned it was cloudy. He added: "After a two-week-long period of perfectly clear skies in September, the sky has been totally overcast by heavy clouds since a week. No observations possible. Most Muslims in Germany were prepared to start Ramadan on 5 October. But as usual, the semi-official ZMD (Central Council of the Muslims in Germany) obediently followed the Saudi announcement as "being in accordance with their calculations". Actually, this led to a split beginning of the month Ramadan among the Muslims, most of them starting Ramadan on 5 October, but many already having started their fasting on 4 October.

UK: ICOP member Mr. Mohammad Baig: "Crescent was not expected to be sighted Monday or Tuesday and it was not. Some people have followed the Saudis as usual but majority is starting Ramadan on the 5th like most of the Islamic world barring the middle east. Despite these differences, which we will inshallah resolve soon, a very happy Ramadan mubarak to all. Please also note that I have also been in touch with people in Pakistan and they too have not been able to sight the moon on either of the days and therefore Ramadan in Pakistan starts on Thursday 6th."

USA:

ICOP member Dr. John Caldwell mentioned that he sighted the crescent from Fort Davis (TX) by naked eye.

ICOP member Mr. Javad Torabinejad mentioned that he saw the crescent by naked eye from Blacksburg (VA), he added: "The crescent was very thin; if it were not for the binoculars, the naked eye sighting was not possible!"

ICOP Member, Ms. Mary Singer said: "Lunar crescent was not seen on October 4th, 2005 from Spokane (WA). It was totally cloudy."

ICOP member, Mr. Gulamabbas Khakoo said: "Sighted the crescent for the month of Ramadhan here in Long Beach (CA) local time 6:55pm on Tuesday, October 4, 2005. The top horn of the crescent was just after 12:00 o'clock and bottom horn was just after 7:00 O'clock. The sighting was on the left side of the sunset. May Allah grant us Maghferat and guide us on the right path. (Ameen)"

ICOP member Dr. Muhammad Hafiz said: "I tried to observe the Hilaal on Tuesday, 4th October, 2005 after sunset from Opa Locka and Pembroke Pines, Florida, USA. No Hilaal was observed due to rain clouds and thunder storm. Sultan Hafiz (Imam of Rose Hall Town Masjid, Guyana) reported that the Hilaal was seen in Demerara, Guyana after sunset on Tuesday, 4th October, 2005. He stated the entire Guyana started the first day of Ramadan on Wednesday, 5th October, 2005. Once again the calculated Hilaal visibility curves presented as a calendar that supports Hilaal sighting for the 12 lunar months, have scored above the incorrect Sauid calendar system that creates division and choas in North America and the entire Ummah."

ICOP member Mr. Abdul Rashid Abdullah said: "Here in Hawaii the weather was too poor to see the Hilal. We have been under a tropical depression for the past week. "

ICOP member Mr. Isa Alsup said: "We attrmpted observation from approximately 6:56 PM through 7:20. Forest fires had given sky an orange cast on horizon. It is possible that the Moon was either below tree tops by this time or that brightness of the sky overwhelmed brightness of hilal."

Canada: ICOP member Mr. Mohammed Murad said: "Montreal and Canadian Muslims have followed ISNA announcement and started Ramadan on Wednesday 5 October 2005. The announcement can be seen on ( www.montrealmuslims.ca ). According to ISNA, ICNA and MCM Ramadan in North America begins on Wednesday October 5th, 2005.

I am looking for current or past owners of 2000 Audi A4.

I am planning to purchase a used one for a good price at auto trader site, because I'm afraid to go to my local oklahoma auto trader.

Please share your experience about used auto trader. Is it true that less than 2 months ago and the transmission has to be replaced?

I've heard about problems with brake pedal.

I read on used auto trader 'The brake pedal mounting bracket collapsed on our 1999 Audi A4.

All braking capacity was lost and the car went out of control at freeway speeds. A serious accident resulted.'

Calm me, please or advise to purchase phoenix auto trader smile.gif

!