Sign in to follow this  
فاليري

روؤية هلال شهر ذو القعدة

October 29, 2008 (Wednesday):

Nular Bary (MCW member) Colombo, Sri Lanka reported: Not Seen
Today 29th October from 5.50pm to 6.30pm (sun set 5.53pm local time) I tried to sight the moon of Dhul-Qi'dah our west was clear except 4 some cloudy patches here and there MashaAllah; could not sight the moon and there are no reports from any other places from the Island. Our hilal committee also declared that complete Shawwal 30 days and 1st of Dhul-Qi'dah will start Oct 31st, Friday InshaAllah.

Maulana Sultan Alam (MCW member) Karachi Pakistan reported: Not Seen
It was certain that the crescent would not be sighted anywhere in Pakistan tonight i.e. on Wednesday, 29 October 2008, because in the costal areas the moonset was with the sunset while in the other areas it was before the sunset. In spite of this fact, to increase the trust of common people upon the Science of Moon-sighting and because the people are confused due to the strange lunar dates in Saudi Arab, I requested many members of the personal moon-sighting committees of our institute "JAMIA-TUR-RASHEED" and many of my friends (most of them are Ulama and scholars) all over Pakistan to sight the moon but the moon could not be sighted, as it was expected tonight. They tried to sight the moon at the following 20 places allover Pakistan: Karachi (at 10 places), Lahore (2 places), Abbotabad, Alipur (Muzaffar Garh), Texala, Shorkot (Jhang), Hyderabad, Battal, Kohat, and Jhang.
Note: Chairman of central official moon sighting committee of Pakistan "Mufti Munee-bur-Rahman" told me on my personal mobile phone that because he did not receive any positive report of moon sighting from all over Pakistan, therefore he has officially announced that Thursday 30 October 2008 is the 30th Shawwal and 1st Zul-Qa’dah 1429 will fall on Friday 31 October 2008 in Pakistan.

Goolam Tegally (MCW member) Port Louis Mauritius reported: Not Seen
Hilal was NOT sighted this evening Wednesday 29 October 2008 here in Mauritius even with 10x binoculars. Sky was cloudy. We will therefore be completing 30 days Shawwal, and 1st Dhu’l Qa’da will be Friday, 31st October 2008.

Dr. Abdurrazak Ebrahim (MCW member) Cape Town S. Africa reported: Not Seen
The Hilaal was not seen this Wednesday evening, 29 October 2008. The month of Shawwaal will be extended to a 30 day month. The official 1st day of Dhul Qa'da will correspond with Friday, 31 October 2008. Excellent field of vision from my sighting station at the Green Point lighthouse in Cape Town. The crescent was not visible even with optical aid (binoculars and telescope).

Rashid Motala (MCW member) Durban S. Africa reported: Not Seen
The Hilaal for Zul-Qa'dah was not sighted this evening in SA. The visibilty parameters were just out of bounds for Cape Town, and it was not seen.

Imam Majolagbe Monsuru (MCW member) Lagos Nigeria reported: Not Seen

I and some brothers attempted crescent sighting OF THE MONTH OF Dhul-Qidah 1429 between 18:30 and 19:35 on wednesday 29 october 2008 but all our efforts proved abbortive

Dr. Muhammad Afifi al-Akiti (MCW member) Oxford UK reported: Not Seen

Two of us attempted to perform the sighting tonight for the Dhu l-Qa'da crescent in Oxford on 29 Shawwal, Wednesday 29 October, immediately after Maghrib prayers at the usual site. The local horizon is cloudy and the new crescent could not be sighted. By 'Isha time there were no reports of any credible sighting east of our location; rather, we received news of negative sightings in Morocco, South Africa, and Indonesia. Therefore, we should be completing 30 days [istikmal] for Shawwal, so the first day of Dhul-Qa'da should fall in the UK on Friday 31, October (beginning from Maghrib, 30 October).

Dr. Salman Zafar Shaikh (MCW member) New Jersey reported: Not Seen

Hilal was not sighted anywhere in North America on October 29th 2008G. Hence we complete 30 days of the month of Shawwal. Dhul Qidah starts on October 31st 2008G in North America.

Mohamedraza H.Janmohamed (MCW member) Sanford Florida reported: Not Seen

There being NO Moon Sighting Reports and upon completion of 30 days of Shawwal. FIRST DAY of Dhulqa'da 1429 AH is established as FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2008.

Javad Torabinejad (MCW member) Christiansburg Virginia reported: Not Seen

This evening (Wednesday, October 29, 2008), using a pair of 7X50 binoculars, I tried sighting the crescent moon from 6:33 till 6:47 with no success. Although I was a few minutes late (the local sunset was at 6:26 and moonset at 6:30), there was no chance sighting the moon in the bright horizon. I could not see Mars either.

Jim Stamm (MCW member) Tucson Arizona reported: Not Seen

I was NOT able to see the crescent, even through a telescope.

October 30, 2008 (Thursday):

Abdul Jalil Rayhan (MCW member) Cotabato Philippines reported: Not Seen
From 3pm until this report our horizon is cloudy, with light rain. The moon was not seen with this weather.

Nular Bary (MCW member) Colombo, Sri Lanka reported: Seen
Today, Oct 30, at 6.13 pm, myself & two of my friends sighted the Moon, as our west was clear. MASHAALLAH it appeared till 6.32 pm.

Hussain Khushaish (MCW member) Kuwait reported: Seen
In Kuwait at Kabad desert 33 km south west of Kuwait city on Thursday 30 Oct 2008 I could see the crescent only with 20*60 and 10*50 binocular. The events went as follow :local sunset at 17:05 (the upper limb of the sun seen till last second, i.e., we have clear sky); first seen with 20*60 bino at 17:12 that's 7 minutes after sunset; then seen with 10*50 binoculars at 17:17; last seen with binoculars at 17:22. Moonset was at 17:45, i.e., the crescent disappeared from view of the binocular 23 minutes before its setting. The western horizon was clear with haze 3~4 degrees above horizon.

Mohamed Abdallah Salim Al-abdissalaam (MCW member) Tanga City, Tanzania reported: Seen
Today, 30th October 2008, we have sighted new moon for Dhul-Qadah here in Tanga City, Tanzania.