Sign in to follow this  
فاليري

روؤية الهلال يوم الاربعاء 25 فبراير 2009

Sighting Reports
February 25, 2009 (Wednesday):
Sultan Alam (MCW member) Karachi Pakistan reported: Not Seen
All members and friends of Jamia-tur-Rasheed tried but could not sight the moon all over Pakistan. Non sighting was also announced officially; hence Friday, February 27, is 1st Rabee-ul-Awwal 1430 in Pakistan. After some days, inshaallah, a detailed report of this observation in Urdu will be available at http://www.esnips.com/web/moonnewsofjamiaturrasheed

Milad Ali Ershaghi (MCW member) from Oslo Norway reported: Not Seen
I attempted to sight the new moon of Rabi-Al-Awwal 1430 on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 in Oslo, Norway. Local sunset time was 5:34pm and moonset time was 6:32pm, and I attempted to find the moon from 5:45pm until 6:15pm. The sky was completely overcast with heavy fog - and I was unable to see the new moon.

Rashid Motala (MCW member) Durban S. Africa reported: Not Seen
The Hilaal for Rabi-ul-Awwal was not sighted this evening (Wednesday) in S. Africa.

Dr. Abdurrazak Ebrahim (MCW member) Cape Town S. Africa reported: Not Seen
The crescent was not sighted (telescope, binoculars and naked eye) in Southern Africa this Wednesday evening (25/02/2009 – end of 29th Safar). The official first day of Rabi-ul Awal 1430 AH will correspond to Friday, 27 February 2009.

Abdu al Azizu, Tedi, Lagos reported: Not Seen
There were clouds today, Wednesday, 25th February 2009, so it was impossible to sight the moon.

AbdulBariu Kareem (MCW member) Ikeja Lagos Nigeria reported: Not Seen
It was not possible to sight the crescent moon for the month of Rabil al awwal this evening (Wednesday) here in the city of Lagos the sky was a bit cloudy.

Khalid Shaukat (MCW member) Silver Spring, Marylan reported: Not Seen
On Wednesday, Feb 25, I tried to see the moon alongwith a couple of my friends, including our Masjid Imam, and could not see the moon. There were some band of clouds exactly where the moon should be.

Javad Torabinejad (MCW member) Christiansburg Virginia reported: Seen by Binoculars only
This evening (Wednesday, February 25, 2009), I sighted the moon in Christiansburg, VA, at 6:44 pm. The western horizon was cloudy with a streak of opening providing a chance for sighting the crescent. I arrived at my observation point before the sunset and stayed till the moon appeared in the clearing. The sighting was with a pair of binoculars (7X50) only for a couple of min before the crescent disappeared behind the lower edge of the clearing. The crescent was very thin with its horns approximately on 4 and 7 O’clock. I tried sighting the moon with naked eye with no success

Ms. Ruth Jeffery (MCW member) Baton Rouge Louisiana reported: Not Seen
Despite almost completely clear conditions on the moonset horizon, I was unable to sight the new moon on Feb. 25. Will try again tomorrow.

February 26, 2009 (Thursday):

Dr. Shabbir Ahmed (MCW member) Imam of Rooty Hill Mosque Sydney Australia reported: Not Seen

The Hilaal of RABI’UL AWWAL 1430 was NOT sighted anywhere in Australia on Thursday the 26th February, 2009. Therefore Moonsighting Committee of Australia and Majlisul ulamaa’ of Australia have declared that the month of RABI’UL AWWAL 1430 will start from Saturday 28th February.

Engr Manzoor A Mian (MCW member) Melbourne Australia reported: Not Seen

I am to report you that I tried to observe the moon yesterday 26/2/09 Thursday in Melbourne on Mount Ridley North of Melbourne (25 Km) close to Melbourne Airport from 8:00 pm until 8:25 pm (25 Min after sunset; moonset time was 8:22pm) but I with other brother, was unable to sight the moon. Horizon was cloudy. Glare remains at west. Melbourne Temperature was ~ 33 degree centigrade but at time of sighting was ~25 degree centigrade. I got report from Sydney, Brisbane, Perth etc., that the moon was not sighted in any part of Australia yesterday 26/2/2009 therefore first Rabi–ul-Awwal will start InshaAllah 28/2/09 Saturday in Australia.

Dr. Musa·Minhai (MCW member) Linxia, Gansu Province, China reported: Not Seen

On Feb.26, 2009, not seen by naked eye and binoculars (there were more clouds).

ABM Ruhul Hassan (MCW member) Dhaka Bangladesh reported: Seen

Today, 26th February, Thursday, moon is sighted from Bangladesh. Very thin moon in higher altitude is seen first then it becomes very clear. The sky was very clear in Dhaka.Ruia'ti Hilal Majlis and Islamic Foundation Both have announced the First day of Rabi-ul-Awwal Shareef from Friday, 27th February. Bangladesh will observe Eid-e-Miladunnabi sallahu alihi Wassalam on 10th March, Tuesday.

Nular Bary (MCW member) Colombo, Sri Lanka reported: Seen

Today 29th.Safar 1430. (26th February 2009)Though our western sky was smokey. I was able to sight the 1st.Moon of Rabil al Awwal "Mashaallah" was appearing from 6.41 to 7.06 P.M. our sunset was at 6.23 P.M. here. Any one could see from naked eye.

Sultan Alam (MCW member) Karachi Pakistan reported: Seen

All members and friends of Jamia-tur-Rasheed (more than 700) easily sighted the moon in all 4 provinces of Pakistan. Friday is 1st Rabee-ul-Awwal 1430 in Pakistan.

Hussain Khushaish (MCW member) Kuwait reported: Seen

On Thursday 26 Feb 2009 at Kuwait city from the balcony of my appartment, I could see the crescent as follows :First seen with 8*20 monocular at 18:01 then seen with naked eyes at 18:10 then the crescent disappeared behind cloud at 18:20, sunset was at 17:46 and moonset was at 19:10. The western Horizon was cloudy.

Goolam Tegally (MCW member) Port Louis Mauritius reported: Seen

Hilal for Rabi-ul-Awwal was sighted this evening Thursday 26 Feb. It was NOT seen yesterday.

Rida ROTY from AVIGNON (south FRANCE) reported: Seen

I sight the new moon, hilal of Rabi-al-Awwal by naked eye on February 26 (Thursday).

Khalid Shaukat (MCW member) Silver Spring, Maryland reported: Seen

On Thursday, Feb 26, I was able to see the moon alongwith our Masjid Imam. The moon was quite thick and was very high in the sky. I and Imam Muhammad saw it at 6:16, which was 18 minutes after sunset (sunset at 5:58). There were some band of clouds all around the moon and mostly below it. We saw it for about two minutes then clouds covered it. After about 5 minutes, I saw it again when the clouds moved away.

Qamar Uddin from York, PA reported: Seen by a colleague

Today, Feb 26, Thursday, I have also tried to sight the moon from York (40 hours old) after the Magrib prayer, which was expected to easily visible, but unfortunately it was too cloudy for it to be sighted. I was told by a YAS Observatory colleague (Paul Buglass) this evening (2/26/2009) that he was able to sight the crescent moon in-between clouds while driving from work!

Omer Subhani (MCW member) Miami, FL reported: Seen

My family and I spotted the new moon of Rabi al-Awwal tonight at 6:45 PM EST. It was very clear.

Ms. Ruth Jeffery (MCW member) Baton Rouge Louisiana reported: Seen

The new moon crescent was easily sighted in Baton Rouge, LA at 6:03 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 26.