Sign in to follow this  
فاليري

رؤية الهلال مساء الجمعة

Sighting Reports

March 27, 2009 (Friday):

Nular Bary (MCW member) Colombo, Sri Lanka reported: Not Seen

Today Rabi al awal 29th. (27th.March 2009 ) My son and my self went to a tall building where we can see the western horizon but we couldn't see the new moon as our west sky was heavy cloudy and no reports from any other place in the Island seen, so our Hilal committee decided to complete the month of Rabi al awal with 30 days and start the month of Rabi al thani on 29th of March 2009 "InshaAllah"

Sultan Alam (MCW member) Karachi Pakistan reported: Not Seen

Nearly 200 members and friends of Jamia-tur-Rasheed tried to sight the moon at 22 places in all 4 provinces of Pakistan but due to clouds, moon was not sighted. Non sighting was also announced officially; hence Saturday is 30th and Sunday, March 29 is 1st Rabee-uth-Thani 1430 in Pakistan .

Goolam Tegally (MCW member) Port Louis Mauritius reported: Not Seen

Hilal was NOT sighted (even with binoculars), this evening Friday 27 March. We will complete 30 days of Rabi I tomorrow & 1st Rabi II will be Sunday 29 March.

Rashid Motala (MCW member) Durban S. Africa reported: Not Seen

The Hilaal for R. Thaani was not sighted in S. Africa this evening, Friday, March 27. Good moon age and clear skies. Nevetheless, not sighted. Sunday will be the 1st.

Dr. Abdurrazak Ebrahim (MCW member) Cape Town S. Africa reported: Not Seen

The crescent was not sighted anywhere in South Africa this Friday evening (27/03/2009 and the end of 29 Rabi-ul Awal). The official first day of the new month will correspond with Sunday, 29/03/2009.

Milad Ali Ershaghi (MCW member) from Oslo, Norway reported: Not Seen

I was in an urban setting in Oslo, Norway on Friday, march 27, while attempting to sight the new moon. Sunset time was 6:49pm and Moonset time was 8:41pm at coordinates of (longitude E10.7, latitude N59.9) and I looked for the moon 3 or 4 distinct times within this interval. The weather was overcast with heavy fog in the sky and perhaps this was the reason why I was unable to see the new moon.

Rida Roty (MCW member) Avignon, France reported: Seen

Al hamdu lillah, the sky was clear and I could see the hilal of Rabi-al-Thani by naked eyes.

Ziaur Rahman from Birmingham, UK reported: Seen

Alhamdulillah! i have made a positive sighting of the hilal of rabiul akhir 1430AH @ 1910hrs. I spotted the hilal outside the handsworth leisure centre in handsworth park, birmingham. along holly lane looking towards grove lane. the quality of the camera on my phone was poor and was unable to take a proper picture. however i will go back and see if i can get a picture identifying the hilal.

Dr. Muhammad Afifi al-Akiti (MCW member) Oxford UK reported: Seen

Positive sighting in Oxford. The three of us sighted the Rabi' al-Akhir crescent on the way from Oxford to Banbury at the end of the 29th day of Rabi' al-Awwal (Friday, 27 March 2009). We sighted the crescent at 19.10 (position: approximately 270 degrees West; altitude around 8 degrees). The horizon was partly cloudy on the western horizon and the orientation of the crescent was 180 degrees. This positive sighting means that the first day of Rabi' al-Akhir in the UK is tomorrow, Saturday, 28 March (beginning from today's Maghrib).

Abdul Karim and Ustaad Salah Khan from Wood Green, North London, UK reported: Not Seen

Sighting was tried from 18:45 - 19:00. Negative report at 19:00 due to excessive cloud cover at the altitude/azimuth sighting region. However, we will return to our vantage point at 07:40 to re-sight. Another sighting was tried between 19:40 - 19:45; the sky was very dark and many stars were visible. There was some cloud cover, however it was much lighter than earlier. Negative sighting from Wood Green, North London in both tries.

Modoris Ali (MCW member) Birmingham UK reported: Seen

I had seen the crescent moon at 6.55pm after performing Maghrib prayer at the Mosque at Plant Street Mosque on Friday 27 March, Cradley Heath. People at the Mosque also seen the moon, I helped them to recognise the moon, where the moon was. The moon appeared very thin.

Ehsan H. Hajar (MCW member) Casablanca, Morocco reported: Seen

Today Friday March 27th, Ehsan H. Hajar, a retired Airline Pilot residing In Casablanca Morocco was able to sight the new Hial around 1920 UTC which is local GMT for Morocco. The hilal of Rabee' al~thani was obseved first using a Bonocular 10x50 , the new moon was located few degree W of 270 and around 7-8 degrees above the cloudy horizon with tips @ 4 & 8 O'Clock. It was well recognized with naked eyes for another 10 minutes before being obsecured by clouds.

Michael A. Simmonds Jr. (MCW member) St. Thomas, Virgin Islands reported: Seen

Just reporting that the New Moon was seen here in the U.S. Virgin Islands at approximately 6:55 P.M Atlantic Standard Time. Sunset was 6:32 P.M. This moon was seen by myself and Hannah Solomon, Lorna Joseph, Isabella Nelson, Russel Bertrand, Melford Nelson. The moon remained visible until approximately 7:22 pm.

Javad Torabinejad (MCW member) Blacksburg Virginia reported: Not Seen because of clouds

Because of the total cloudy sky in Blacksburg, VA, no sighting was attempted today (Friday, 27 March, 2009). Yesterday (Thursday, March26, 2009), using a pair of binoculars (7X50), I tried sighting the crescent moon, first before the sunset (7:39) in Blacksburg, VA (while the sun was behind pieces of clouds), followed by an after-sunset trial in Christiansburg a few miles to the south with no success. The western horizon was partly cloudy and not suitable for locating such a very young crescent.

HiMY SYeD (MCW member) Toronto Ontario reported: Not Seen

Unfortunately, due to cloud cover in the western skies over Toronto, it made it very difficult to confirm any moonsighting tonight. I tried from several vantage points in and around Christie Pits Park in Downtown Toronto from shortly after Maghrib, circa 7:40 p.m. local time, to shortly after 8 p.m. InshAllah, we'll try again tomorrow night.