Sign in to follow this  
فاليري

موقع مون سيتنج

Sighting Reports

July 22, 2009 (Wednesday):

Dr. Hussain Dashti (MCW member) Gainesville, Florida reported: Seen w/Binoculars

Today, Wednesday 22/7/09, I was able to see the new moon with a 10X50 binocular ONLY from Gainesville, Florida USA. Mercury was also only visible with binocular. Sunset: 20:25 (behind far trees). Moon first seen with binocular: 20:42 and last seen with binocular: 20:54.

Beg Tamachi (MCW member) Peterborough, Ontario, Canada reported: Not Seen

As expected from Crescent Moon visibility charts, Sha`baan 1430 Hilaal was NOT SEEN in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada on July 22nd 2009. Time of observation was from 8:39pm to 9:20pm this evening. (Locally for today, Sunset was for 8:49pm; and Mooset Time was 9:15pm).

Sighting Reports

July 22, 2009 (Wednesday):

Ahmad Abu Zaid (MCW member) Amman Jordan reported: Not Seen

I tried to sight the moon this evening (wed 22 July 2009) in Amman Jordan the The Moon Crescent Not Seen

Hamza Rijal (MCW member) Island of Zanzibar Tanzania reported: Not Seen

Hilal was not seen on Wednesday, 22 July 2009 in tiny island of Zanzibar. Mufty Office decided to complete the month of Rajab with 30 days and starts the month of Shaaban on friday 24th of July 2009

Ibrahima Thierno LO (MCW member) Dakar Senegal reported: Not Seen

On Wednesday 22 july 2009, Seeing the crescent by naked eyes was tried in Senegal, but it was not seen. For the National Committee of Hilal sighting, Friday 24 july will be 1st Sha`abane 1430.

Dr. Muhammad Afifi al-Akiti (MCW member) Oxford UK reported: Not Seen

Negative sighting. The two of us attempted to perform the sighting of Sha'ban after Maghrib on Wednesday 22 July (the 29th of Rajab in the UK). There are cirrus clouds on the local horizon and the new crescent could not be sighted. By 'Isha time there were no reports of any credible sighting east of our location; rather, we received news of negative sightings in Morocco and Indonesia. Therefore, we should be completing 30 days [istikmal] for Rajab, so that the first day of Sha'ban should fall in the UK on Friday 24 July (beginning from Maghrib, 23 July). Therefore, the 15th of Sha'ban in the UK should fall on Friday 7 August (beginning from Thursday's Maghrib).

Dr. Abdurrazak Ebrahim (MCW member) Cape Town S. Africa reported: Not Seen

The crescent was not sighted here in Cape Town this Wednesday evening (22/07/2009 - the end of the 29 Rajab 1430 AH). Negative reports from elsewhere in Southern Africa. The official 1st day of Shabaan will correspond to Friday, 24 July 2009.

Dr. Hussain Dashti (MCW member) Gainesville, Florida reported: Seen w/Binoculars

Today, Wednesday 22/7/09, I was able to see the new moon with a 10X50 binocular ONLY from Gainesville, Florida USA. Mercury was also only visible with binocular. Sunset: 20:25 (behind far trees). Moon first seen with binocular: 20:42 and last seen with binocular: 20:54.

Beg Tamachi (MCW member) Peterborough, Ontario, Canada reported: Not Seen

As expected from Crescent Moon visibility charts, Sha`baan 1430 Hilaal was NOT SEEN in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada on July 22nd 2009. Time of observation was from 8:39pm to 9:20pm this evening. (Locally for today, Sunset was for 8:49pm; and Mooset Time was 9:15pm).

HiMY SYeD (MCW member) Toronto Ontario reported: Not Seen

Toronto had a overcast skies this evening. After maghrib I walked around the neighbourhood looking at the clouds. Hence, this is a negative moonsighting report from Downtown Toronto Ontario Canada. InshAllah tomorrow night we may have better results.

Mohamed Lotfy (MCW member) Aurora Colorado reported: Not Seen

The crescent of Shaban 1430 was not visible this evening July 22nd 2009 at Aurora, Colorado. The skies were hazy and the sun glare prevented the crescent to been seen even with a 60x binocular.

Mohammed Yahya Shaikh (MCW member) Culver City California reported: Not Seen

The moon for Shaban was not visible from Playa Del Rey, Ca even with the aid of binoculars.

Javad Torabinejad (MCW member) Christiansburg Virginia reported: Not Seen

This evening (Wednesday, July 22, 2009), except for a few open patches, the sky was mostly cloudy in Christiansburg, VA. I arrived at my sighting location right after the sunset (sunset: 8:37) and started scanning the opening patches in the WSW, using a pair of 7X50 binoculars with no success. I stayed there till 9:07 (moonset: 9:09).